Professional Ductwork Replacement, Sealing & Repair
As part of our full range of residential and commercial HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) services, we are proud to offer quality, affordable ductwork replacement, sealing and repair. Air ducts are the conduits for the air that feeds into your heating, cooling or HVAC system, and they can affect your system’s energy efficiency, air quality and safety. While people rarely think about these largely unseen components of heating and cooling systems, well-maintained air ducts are important for many reasons – not the least of which is the money you’ll save from improved efficiency.
It’s important to hire a qualified professional to repair or replace your ductwork. Damaged ducts can cause heating and air conditioning breakdowns, so faulty ductwork truly affects your entire HVAC system, and it needs to be repaired or replaced properly in order to function correctly. We have over 20 years of experience repairing and replacing ductwork, and all of our ductwork services are effective, reliable and cost-competitive. Call Steve's Five Star Service today to schedule an appointment.
Expert Air Duct Sealing, Repair & Replacement
Steve's Five Star Service provides expert air duct replacement, sealing and repair services at the most competitive rates in the Inland Empire. Our experienced ductwork technicians can provide you with honest, knowledgeable advice about the most economical solution for any air duct problem, taking into consideration your particular type of ductwork, your heating, cooling and air quality needs and your budget. Then they can perform quality repair work, sealing or replacing your air ducts for an affordable price.
Occasional duct sealing is necessary to ensure proper functioning and optimal energy efficiency of your HVAC system. Leaks in your ductwork increase the demand for air production from your system, which causes it to use more energy and raise your utility costs. Contrary to popular belief, duct tape is not an effective solution for sealing leaky ducts. Special tape must be used for air duct sealing, and in some cases sections of your ductwork must be replaced altogether in order to effectively eliminate a leak.
Duct System Components
- Ductwork Insulation: Ductwork insulation helps maintain the temperature of the hot or cold air traveling to your HVAC vents. It also helps maintain the efficiency of your HVAC system and reduces the noise produced by airflow.
- Plenums: These components cycle the hot or cold air through a central unit and then distribute the air to different rooms in your home, office or commercial space.
- Smoke & Fire Dampers: Smoke and fire dampers are safety components that shut off the airflow in your duct system in the case of smoke or fire to prevent either from spreading to additional rooms.
- Stacks: Stacks are vertical ducts that allow air to be transported through relatively thin walls.
- Take-Offs: These small metal fittings facilitate airflow from the main duct to the other pathways of the duct system.
- Vibration Insulators: Like ductwork insulation, vibration insulators help quiet the noise of airflow. These flexible, rubberized sections in the ductwork also absorb the vibrations produced by the HVAC system.
Our factory-trained, NATE Certified ductwork technicians have extensive training and experience in every component of air duct systems. They can provide expert advice and quality service for any ductwork problem. At Steve's Five Star Service, we’re committed to offering economical solutions with lasting results. Call us today; you’ll always reach a live person, and we’re happy to answer any questions you may have.
Types of Ductwork
- Fiberglass Ductwork: This type of ductwork, also called duct board, is a popular and economical option for modern air duct systems. It provides built-in sound absorption and thermal insulation, and it is available in different sizes.
- Flexible Ductwork: Flexible ductwork, also called flex, is made up of pliable, circular-shaped ducts that are typically formed by wrapping plastic liner around a wire coil. Flexible ductwork is useful because of its versatility and mobility, but it can be difficult to repair, and it results in greater loss of pressure than other duct types. For this reason, it is usually most effective when used in short lengths as a connector to other ductwork.
- Metal Ductwork: Metal ductwork is typically made up of either rectangular ducts or round pipes that are formed from metal sheets. These metal sheets are engineered to expand and contract with the changing temperature of the airflow. Metal ductwork is the most common material used in duct systems, and has the added advantage of being rodent-resistant.
Contact Us for More Information
Our knowledgeable staff can answer any questions you have about the different types of ductwork and offer expert advice about the best material for your HVAC needs and budget. Call Steve's Five Star Service today at (909) 985-5254 for more information about the types of ductwork we sell and install, or for any other information.